32mm waste pipe reapr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mu washing machine waste runs into a 32mm plastic pipe that has cracked and broke off at an elbow join. The elbow is very innaccesabLE ( behind a built in kitchen unit and so cutting and replacement is not easy. Is there any way to join a new 32mm pipe to the old elbow -which has the remenants of the old pipe still welded to the internal section?

Sponsored Links
Any pipe left that can be joined onto ?
Is the machine next to the sink ?

You wont get the remnants of the old pipe out the elbow, and if it's so brittle it has broken, it may shatter when you try and cut it anyway. You can try to (carefully) cut the cut the elbow off and join onto the pipe left with a new elbow, otherwise the lot will have to be replaced I fear. :(

Washing machine waste should really be 40mm, 32mm can struggle to cope with the flow, especially when soap and muck builds up in the pipe. Might be an opportunity to replace the whole lot with 40mm if thats possible, before you do get a flood! :eek:

Sponsored Links
You wont get the remnants of the old pipe out the elbow, and if it's so brittle it has broken, it may shatter when you try and cut it anyway. You can try to (carefully) cut the cut the elbow off and join onto the pipe left with a new elbow, otherwise the lot will have to be replaced I fear. :(

Washing machine waste should really be 40mm, 32mm can struggle to cope with the flow, especially when soap and muck builds up in the pipe. Might be an opportunity to replace the whole lot with 40mm if thats possible, before you do get a flood! :eek:

I agree the remanants and brittle issue is a worry for me - I like the idea to cut the elbow but there is no pipe legnth before another 3 way join! I am going to try to seal a 40 mm to 32mm converter arond the elbow junction- worth a go!!

Thanks

Good luck. If you've still got problems then come back to us. A photo or 3 of the pipework/area in question is always useful, if you cant solve it we may be able to suggest other options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back