32mm Waste Pipe - Slight Misalignment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am going to fit a semi pedestals underneath a wash and basin.

The 32mm waste pipe comes through the wall horizontally.

When the trap is fitted the telescopic adaptor needs to be at the minimum position to allow the semi pedestal to fit over the bottom of the bottle trap.

The wash hand basin has a pop up waste.

There is a slight misalignment ( 10mm to 15mm vertically ) between the 32mm pipe and the inlet to the bottle trap. In order to get it to fit I had to bend the 32mm pipe up and into the trap inlet, but I am not happy with this.

I can not get to the pipe in the wall to adjust the height as it is fully tiled.

The misalignment is so small that I can not make use of 45 deg elbows.

Any suggests how I might overcome this ? I have read about flexible adaptors ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Classic case of pottery makers not considering carefully what needed to be covered by their artistic creations!

Don't suppose THREE 45s (2 of the M&F type) would fit it, with the trap rotated slightly?? (With three bends, you can set different angles...)

fit one of these.
Adjustable from o to 90%.

p1080796_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Heat the pipe and bend it.

Heat a wide area all around the pipe and gently bend it to suit. You need a blowlamp with a large flame and I also use a welding gaunlet. A heatgun would probably work better. Keep the blowlamp moving all the time around the pipe and go slowly - its easy to go too far and melt/kink the pipe.

May be worth practicing on a bit of spare pipe. :)

self builder 123 said:
I can not get to the pipe in the wall to adjust the height as it is fully tiled.
If there's an obstacle, then remove the obstacle.

RT(f)OP!!
The problem is that the combined height of trap + popup waste is only just covered by the half-ped. So the (telescopic) trap can't be moved DOWN and the outlet from it can't be moved UP (to match the pipe in the wall) because of the height of the popup waste. And moving the trap DOWN wouldn't improve the situation anyway.

OP - please confirm we're not all misunderstanding the problem!!

Why not enlarge the hole in the wall so you can align the pipe properly.

Thats really your only option if you can't reposition the basin. :(

CroydonCorgi - I did not say "move the trap down" I said mount the basin lower.

This moves everything down except the pipe the OP is connecting to so it all lines up neatly.

I did not say "move the trap down" I said mount the basin lower.
I think if the OP is concerned about tiling around the waste pipe, the position (height) of the basin is pretty-much already 'cast in stone'. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back