32mm basin trap to 40mm waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys..!!

Not realising that basin waste is 32mm and bath kitchen is 40mm I plumbed the whole bathroom and ensuite in 40mm (not the end of the world). I since bought a 40mm bottle trap before realising that the basin was 32mm (again fine as I can use it for the kitchen) but I was wondering are the universal 32mm to 40mm bottle traps just 40mm with the reducers in or can anyone suggest the right sort of trap which I can connect to the basin at 32mm and then the outlet is 40mm which I can then just connect to my waste pipework (solvent weld)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Would either of these be suitable? I know you specified solvent weld, but there may come a time when you have to remove the trap so this may be a better alternative.

Funnily enough I was just thinking that. Its 40mm coming out the wall so just coupler 40mm to 32mm and do the rest of the waste in 32mm to keep it simple. And you would go compression for things like this so you can change/check/inspect etc?

I'd certainly do compression from the trap to the the waste section, even more so if there are a number of bends.
If the waste is just off the trap, then straight out the wall. then the rest can be solvent weld. But if it's off the trap, down through the floor, across to the side etc, then I think I would use compression for access in case of a blockage.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back