Please Help - Trying to plumb trap to waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to connect the trap in the bathroom basin to the waste pipe coming out of the wall (all in 32 mm).

The waste pipe sits approx 100mm down and 50 mm to the right of the trap.

Currently the trap is connected to the waste pipe with a flexible 32mm white pipe but this takes up most of the space in the cabinet so we can't fit the top drawer in the cabinet (even with the "U" cut out). because of this we would like to replace the flexi pipe with straight pipe.

The problem is that we need to use two 90 degree elbows (one on the pipe that comes out of the wall and another to feed the pipe horizontally into the trap). Unfortunately there is not enough of a gap between the trap connection and the waste in the wall to have both elbows (i've looked at compression, push fit and solvent weld fittings and none fit).

What would fit would be a piece of 32mm plastic pipe bent at 90 degrees (much like you would do with copper pipe).

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy 32mm waste plastic pipe factory bent to 90 degrees? I am looking on google but all i get are elbows.

Alternatively can someone please suggest a solution?

Thanks alot for all your help!

Zigs

Sponsored Links
you can get M+F elbows :idea: Socket 1 end spigot on the other. They will together be the smallest ;)

Hi Nige F

Thanks for your reply ... is it possible to connect these together (i.e. the M of one of these elbows to the F of another of these elbows)?

Also, I've found one on screwfix but i read somewhere that screwfix's 32mm connections only work if you buy their 32 mm pipe as its not "standard". Do you know if this is true or will Screwfix's fittings work with any 32mm pipe?

Thanks a lot!!!

solvent weld fit with solvent weld connections, and push fit connectors seem to be a bit smaller, personally never had a problem using screwfix solvent weld on toolstation pipe.

Sponsored Links
Solvent weld and push-fit are intentionally made different sizes to stop people attempting to mix the systems. You can't solvent weld push-fit pipe because it's made of a different type of plastic.

Using an 'S', 'P' or universal trap in place of a bottle trap may make for easier fitting with more flexibility to the outlet position and direction.

In answer to your questions, yes, the Female socket will accept the Male spigot on the elbows. (M spigot is same size as the pipe.)

Solvent Weld waste is a standard size across all manufacturers AFAIK, i've never found a problem with the Flopast stuff from Screwfix fitting any other manufacturers pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back