32mm chromed waste pipe - does it exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spent a fortune on sink and chrome trap. The trap came with a uselessly short chrome waste pipe and I'm struggling to find any for less than £60+VAT for 3ft.

I also need a chrome waste 90 degree elbow for a corner run. The trap exit is push fit 32mm.

There must be a huge market for this stuff but I'm desperately running out of ideas.

Help?

Sponsored Links
Not sure if you're being serious or not :confused:

If you are, it surely can't give a quality chrome finish on plastic pipe can it?

I'm keeping my finger's crossed that you are right :)

if you are worried about £60 for 3 foot change the remaining pipework to all plastic, probably cheaper

the "silver" will probably come off after a while anyway

Sponsored Links
Wait till you buy the elbow :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The price of that will make you cough.

Only thing I can say really is If you want it then pay up.

My clients want quality regardless of cost end of story.

Just one last idea...

I can get hold of polished aluminium tube for a very low price; Not quite the finish of chrome (close though) and closer than stainless.

Are there going to be problems with using this aluminium on waste piping (building regs, etc...)?

hampshire_rob said:
Just spent a fortune on sink and chrome trap.

Assuming an average for the basin and taps say £2000.00

is it worth spoiling the ship for another £150.00

why not use the short chrome pipe you have and dry line the wall to hide the rest of the pipework ?

Hi,

I had a similar situation with our free standing bath. Only needed a small amount of pipe and didn't want to buy 3m worth (or pay the price!). In the end I did spray paint some white plastic pipe. I used a Chrome spray (not silver) that I bought in B&Q. Test first on an off cut so you can practice using it. You need several thins layers to avoid paint running marks and to get the best shine. The piece is now integrated between the real crome on the bath and no one has noticed. I can tell its not the same (not quite as high shine) but its very very close.

Emma

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back