Chrome bottle trap seems to be a 30mm dia waste pipe, not 32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a couple of small en suite sinks (glass bowl type for the record) which came with a stainless/chrome bottle trap, but the waste outlet pipe is 30mm so won't connect to my plastic 32mm original waste. Is there a converter I need to buy?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You mean the plastic ones? So there's not a 30-32mm converter then?

The 32mm plastic compression coupling will do fine - the rubber gasket will take up the slack. The joint won't be particularly sturdy, but it should be watertight.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks guys. But the ultimate question, why are they made smaller??

I had a similar problem with the chrome outlet pipe on a trap a customer had bought.
I found the chrome pipe was a neat tightish sliding fit INSIDE my 32mm waste pipe,and as the customer didnt want an ugly plastic compression fitting in the exposed area under his sink,with a little bit of silicone to seal the joint,thats the way we went,he chome sprayed the plastic pipe,you hardly notice the join.
That was 6 years ago,not had a problem with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back