38mm brass basin waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(This is the different basket of bananas, following from my thread on using 22mm basin waste...)

So, I've got a sink waste with a 35mm 200mm horizontal chrome waste extension, which I want to connect to a 38mm (external) brass tube to run approx 1m, then through the outside wall to the soil pipe.

So, I have 2 questions which I'd appreciate your thoughts on:

Are there any problems using such a pipe as a sink waste?

Any idea where could I get connections and a 90 degree angle for this pipe (am I better to use plastic to connect, rather than 2 different metals?)

Thanks all

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Just use plastic from the other side of the joint... You will get the multifit fitting from your local plumbers merchant...

Try sliding your brass tube over a 32mm plastic waste if you want to use it as a decorative cover.

40mm compression waste fittings might close up tight enough to take your brass tube.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all

unfortunately the 32mm doesn't quite fit in the brass pipe - I'll look out for multifit fitting (is this something that fits different sizes of pipe?

cheers

Stephen

It looks like the multifit is plastic, where ideally I'd want a metal 90 degree for the end of the 38mm (external) brass pipe (as it will be exposed) - I've had a mooch around the web with no luck so far - any ideas?

cheers

stephen

I have seen chrome multifit fitting, but dont know where they are from... possibly mcalpine...

The chrome tube is really only designed to get you back to the wall, after that it should be plastic..

The mcalpine multifit couplings/bends will convert you onto whatever plastic pipe you are using...

You could just use 35mm copper or chrome pipe and fittings??

...when I was having a conversation with an engineer today who was concerned that he didn't have the right brazing equipment to create a join, I realised that I was headed somewhere strange, challenging and potentially unproductive...

...so I think we'll abandon the plan and go back to drilling 32mm holes through my lovely new studs (boo hoo) and putting metal straps across the sides. The brass tube will make a lovely handrail by itself. even without the sink waste flowing through it.

ho humm

Thank you for all your thoughts

much appreciated

Stephen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back