4 Colour Transfer to Polycarbonate at home?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a bunch of 10mm thick sheet clear polycarbonate. I'm trying to print a 4 colour graphic to the underside of the polycarbonate, so that it doesn't receive damage on the top. The only question is the method of transfer, and the ink that I should use to achieve this at home. Each polycarbonate panel I want to print to is 280x280mm.

I've investigated the use of a silkscreen, but I'm not sure if this would be appropriate for a solid graphic.

Ideally, I would be able to print stencils for each of the four colours, with enough precision to prevent significant overlap, and use a spray solvent based paint, then coat with lacquer. The only problem with that plan is I have no clue where to start on being able to design my own stencils without using a knife, and most probably ending up with an unprofessional looking finish.

Does anyone have any experience, or suggestions?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back