4 rads..how long?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Quick question, if a professional was to replace four radiators, which would be different sizes in three cases (smaller) so may involve some pipe work, and put chemicals in the boiler...

How long would you expect this to take?...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I guess to clarify a little more, pipework would be minimal, and extending unions could be used if they had to be.

We're taking an imperial 1640 to a metric 1600 type situation

Sponsored Links
It'll be twice as long as half the time it takes. I'd guess at at least 3 hours, but could be all day. There are too many variables to be more accurate than that

Basically we thought between 1/2 to one day, but someone has said at least two days.. Which unless I'm missing something seemed like quite a while!

Basically we thought between 1/2 to one day, but someone has said at least two days.. Which unless I'm missing something seemed like quite a while!

It sounds like it but we don't know the site conditions! Best bet would be to get another price or two, from plumbers who will get to see the job.

I always allow for a return visit of an hour or so that is usually required to satisfy various client queries... Usually rebalancing after they've had the heating on and fiddled about with valves and controls :rolleyes:

Was this "someone", someone who has been to survey the job and therefore knows all of the things that we on here don't currently know?

I'm no plumbing experts but do a bit , recently changed a rad , slightly smaller size, did the job over a few days rather than all at once.
what I would say is that with different size rads u have to faff around with extension pieces and probably new brackets, has to be lined up , etc, all time consuming stuff.
2 day job may not be far off the mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back