4-way light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is driving me crazy, my house has three switches, a four way in the middle downstairs which has cracked.

I am looking for a 4-way stainless switch to replace the plastic one and to match the other stainless, but before we even get into that, no one I can find even sells a regular 4 way switch?

I've been looking all day and every single time I search for 4-way switches I always get 4 gang switches!

Any idea where someone is supposed to get 4-way switches these days?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I've been looking all day and every single time I search for 4-way switches I always get 4 gang switches!
In that case, I think you need to explain what you mean by "4-way switch" - since all you're likely to find is 4-gang (probably 2-way) ones.

Kind Regards, John

Four terminals, not 2 or 3.

The switch that goes in the middle of the circuit to cross the other two sources over and enable switching of the same source from three switches.

The wiring in the house is wired in such a way that you need two 3 way switches and one four way in the middle.

Four terminals, not 2 or 3. ... The switch that goes in the middle of the circuit to cross the other two sources over and enable switching of the same source from three switches.
Search for "intermediate switch". They are available in the great majority of switch ranges.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I believe they can also be know as intermediate, but still can't find one anywhere...

Ok I am officially stupid, it helps if I spell intermediate correctly when searching :/

Thanks for the reply :)

Managed to find some at screwfix, thanks very much :)

I was searching everywhere for four way and no joy. I tried intermediate it just came up with a few touch sensitive switches in a couple of places but Screwfix have them :D

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy!

I always thought they were referred to four way switches?

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy! I always thought they were referred to four way switches?
Glad you've sorted it! I've never heard them called 4-way switches in the UK. To'us' that would mean a switch with four positions - common enough in electronic equipment, but 'never' (as far as I am aware - but "never say never"!!!) seen in domestic electrical wiring!

Kind Regards, John

America?

Are we sure with a name like Steve..OZ.....

:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back