40mm Waste into Inspection Chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I'm putting a new sink in, and can go directly through the outside wall and about 1m away from the house is an inspection chamber (foul). Is it ok to dig down and put my 40mm waste straight into this? I understand that it's got to be angled to the direction of flow, but could I break into the brickwork or must I go deeper into the cement benching?
Thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
Connecting a waste directly to a chamber isn't standard practice, should go either into a trapped gulley connected to sewer or into a waste adapter into 110mm pipe, then to chamber. However, seen a few done like that, if it's just a sink (no WC involved via a macerator), then you would probably be ok to go through the brickwork, just fit a bend on the end to angle into direction of flow.

If Building Control are involved then would suspect you'd have to do job properly as above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back