kitchen waste pipe into storm drain ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. i'm just fitting a kitchen and am about to put in waste for the dishwasher and sink, the sink will have a waste extractor fitted. I can either go into the storm drain (very easy) or into the foul drain (very hard) just wondered if i can get away with taking a 40mm waste straight into the storm drain and save me messing around?

TIA

Dean

Sponsored Links
do not run a foul waste pipe into a storm gulley.

can you not run the foul drain and a gulley closer to the location of the appliances?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Yep i can run the foul closer, thats what i meant by very hard, i suppose i should have just said lots of hassle!

i wasn't clear if this kind of waste was classed as foul so you've cleared that up for me thanks.

i'm not 100% certain that the storm drain doesn't connect to the foul anyway, they are in a direct straight line about 3m apart, should i just lift the manhole and flush the toilet, then run a hose down the 'storm' drain? if i see water flowing in both cases then i take it connecting the waste to this is ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back