Kitchen sink/washing machine/dishwasher - pipe into drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are moving the kitchen from the back of our house to the front.

There is a storm drain right outside the front window where the exit pipes for the kitchen sink/dishwasher and washing machine will be (two in total).

We have been advised by Building Control that we are fine to use the storm drain as a waste drain - it's a combined system apparently.

So ... at the moment I have two pipes leading towards a flush to the ground grate.

Any advice on finishing this? So far I've thought:

1 Building up around the drain (probably with bricks) to fit a grate and then fitting the two pipes through this to prevent splashing around.
2 However, this also still needs to function as a storm drain for rainwater so I'm thinking of drilling some holes through the bottom level of bricks for rainwater to seep through.

Thoughts, opinions welcome!

Sponsored Links
What's alreadt covering the drain - can you not cut through this or place a grill at this level?

The current covering is an iron grate - think I will knacker it if I try and cut throught it.

Guess I could just replace the grate with something plastic that I could cut through - but was thinking that it would be better to give it more depth in order to avoid mess splashing out of the drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back