1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Island sink waste

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Suited72, 27 Aug 2015.

1. Suited72

Suited72

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm currently thinking of diy fitting a kitchen island with sink and dishwasher.

The only thing that concerns me or that I can't understand is
    How to fit the 2 x 40mm waste pipes into the drain as they will be underground. The drain will likely be clay and I'm not sure of the proper connections?

2. Can't help with the drain fittings but I think you will also have to consider venting in the sink waste. Someone may be able to advise more on that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Sponsored Links
  6. Hugh Jaleak

Hugh Jaleak

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Need to know what type of clayware you're faced with, then can advise on a suitable connection to the plastic fitting already shown, or if using new clayware drain, (Supersleve) then Hepworth will already make a suitable fitting to go on the end to allow connection of waste pipes.

7. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local