Shower and Basin waste to 3 inch cast drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have 40mm shower waste pipe and 32mm basin waste to join to a 75mm drain pipe. At the moment the 75mm drain pipe is being used for a kitchen sink but I am doing away with this sink.

My dilemma is this. I need to cut the 75mm cast iron drain at below floor level and then run the shower and basin into it. Do I join the shower and basin wastes in some way and then is there some sort of cap with an inlet for 40mm that I can use?

Is this the right way to do it and if so what connections do I need. Wastes are plastic pushfits.

Sponsored Links
frales said:
I have 40mm shower waste pipe and 32mm basin waste to join to a 75mm drain pipe.
Do you mean the kind of drain pipe that take rainwater from the roof and guttering?

you should always connect appliances into the stack separately if you can it saves problems with back flow, especially from the sink into the shower, and gurgling if you start to draw the water from the traps when the other appliances is draining, if the stack is in at the moment and you plan to cut it at floor level it should be fairly east to fit a branch with 32mm & 38mm reducers for the whb and shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back