5 showers and water pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 5 electric showers Triton T50i which are only 6.5 each (and supplied from a 3 phase electric supply). Although not the best shower experience they've worked well in the en-suites. Recently one of them developed a fault and I had it changed to a 7KW new shower, this shower has caused me problems as it keeps switching off and on when it feels like it. It's definately due to the water pressure when it drops then it cuts out. I'm trying to work out why this has not happened before with the Triton T50i units. Is there a solution to this that anyone can offer me? I would like to keep all 5 showers and wondering if I can have a pump installed on the mains supply. The water company has checked the pressure and say it's 2 bar and that they cannot help. The supply coming into the house is 15mm copper.

Any advice and a solution would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You are not permitted to put a pump on the mains as far as I'm aware.

Your new pump is designed to cut out at low pressure as a safety measure and is probably more sensitive than the old ones.

I think your only solution is to increase the size of the pipe into your house so that the pressure drop is not so great when several showers are running at once.

IIRC you may not pump the mains at a rate exceeding 12 litres per minute without having authority from your water supplier. 12 litres per minute is probably less than you're already receiving.

You have a few options, and they all require quite a bit of work and expense. The first, as Jobloggs has said, is to upgrade your incoming mains supply. The second is to install a cold water storage cistern in your loft, and pump the water out of that. This may either be pumped to just your showers (possibly requiring a surface re-pipe of the supplies to them) or to all outlets except your kitchen tap. The first of these will require a smaller pump than the second, but the second may be easier to achieve. All three options should improve your situation.

Sponsored Links
have a look at grundfos homebooster.

a wras approved break tank and pump.adjustable pressure to 5bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back