Mains water pressure to electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 9.5Kw triton elec shower and have been concerned about the flow and temp adj. I have just measured the flow rate of my mains supply to the shower and it comes in at 6.5 - 7 litres per min, which to me seems too low, am i right ? I have been considering putting a single flow pump, the triton 450i, on the mains supply to boost the flow to my shower. Can i do this and would it work ?

Sponsored Links
We have got a Triton T80xr 9,5 shower. Our water pressure is similar to yours but the shower is working fine.

Forgot to mention that after is was installed the low water pressure sign was on constantly. The plumber who had installed the shower had tightened the screws of the back plate too tightly causing the plate to buckle and effect the water intake.

Measure what comes OUT of the shower. It should be around 4 litres /min at showering temerature. Any more and it wouldn't be hot enough.
Forget pumping the mains - not allowed except in rare circs.

Sponsored Links
hi borgy,that does sound a little on the low side-has anything been changed recently in your house? you cant fit a pump onto the supply as pumping mains water breaches water regulations.
there is a filter on the water inlet which may be blocked or you could have a problem in the "can". If the problem is the water pressure coming in triton do a pumped version of the t80/90 which runs of the stored cold from your tank and has integral pump- suggest you get a pro in to check your pressure or triton have a good customer service dept 02476 763722

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back