Worst shower experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I hate me new shower.

It's a triton cara and the issue is that the flow is slow. I spoke to triton and they say that the 4 litres per min on a nice warm temperature is normal. But it feels like a bad shower experience every morning.

We have a combi boiler. Not gravity fed water supply so I'm told a power shower is not an option.

Does anybody have any advice as a alternative?

Eg buy a different make/model. I'm thinking the obvious answer is to rip it out and connect straight to our hot and cold supply ( the shower is over the bath). But before I do that I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks guys !

Sponsored Links
make/model of combi would help ;)

you would also need to know your mains water flow rate and pressure

post back info :idea:

4 litres a minute gives a rather poor shower experiance, however is enough to get clean under ......just.
But think of the money you are saving on electricity and water. Bill Oddie will be proud of you!
Your combi will deliver at least twice that flow rate, and could deliver many times that rate depending on boiler heat input and water main pressure.

It's a Worcester greenstar cdi. Brand new.

Water pressure into the house is 5 bars.

Thanks for the quick response!

Sponsored Links
what kilowatt size of CDi ;)

check your flowrate by running your kitchen cold tap into a 10 litre bucket and time it

ie fills 10 litres in 30 secs = 20 litres per minute

Sorry. I'm not sure where to check for the wattage. Buts Its a 27cdi

the flow is just over 20 litres per min

ok bengasman will be on later and will give you exact flow delivery for the 27 CDi, my guess it will be round about 11-12 litres per min

your incoming mains is good

i would plumb in an thermostatic shower from the hot and cold

you will see a vastly increased shower ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back