Mixer shower after electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just moved house and in a lovely bathroom I have a miserable 8.5Kw Triton T80, my previous residence had a super Aqualisa mixer, which was fantastic.
The triton is fed by pvc pipe from tee connection to the bath cold water pipe. The house has a gravity fed system & convention boiler.

I want to change the shower to something more powerful. I really don't want to upset the bathroom decor too much so I was thinking about fitting something like the powered Mira Platinum rear fed shower, I was hoping to use the pipe work from the Triton and connect at the same rear feed at tile level. I was wondering if I could put the digital mixer valve under the bath and run the hot & cold feeds from the bath pipework to the inlets and the use the 'Triton feed' pipe for the output. I'm assuming that the pressure from the cold water is OK as it was used to feed the Triton.

Would this work or do I need to be aware of anything.

Any feedback is welcome.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Mira Platinum will require gravity feed from your hot/cold.

your triton T80 willbe mains pressure pipework.

so your hot willbe ok your cold is mains not gravity.

Thanks for the reply.
Would it be possible to put a pressure reducer on the cold water feed to simulate the gravity feed?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back