Installing a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a flat with a hot water tank in a cupboard and a cold water storage unit in the loft. I want to rip the bath out and install a shower unit!

The pressure from the hot is non-existant but the flow is ok. Attaching a rubber shower to the taps and the flow stops if you lift the shower head more than a foot above the taps.

So I think I have two options:

1) Shower pump with mixer shower

2) Electric shower feeding off the cold storage tank (ie Triton T80si T90si).

Questions (help!):

Are the above my only options? I'm quite keen to have an electric shower but I'm not sure if I can get mains water into my bathroom. The alternative is for a special pumped electric shower that feeds off the cold water tank, and Triton do two models called T80si and T90si.

The other problem I have is that according to Triton the electric shower must be connected directly to my fuse box. Well this is almost impossible as the fuse box is located outside and four flats below me!

Is an electric unit out of question? I'm sure it would save me $$$ since my partner insists on having hot water available all the time!

Thanks,

Simon.

Sponsored Links
Are your cold taps in the bathroom not mains fed?

Electric showers are good in so far as you can always have a hot one, but I find the flow rate poor and prefer a power shower. Nothing really special about them, lots to choose from.

Sponsored Links
lol, was editing my previous post while you were typing your reply.

Go for a power shower, you already have the plumbing you need (apart from extending the existing pipes) and you won't need to wire a dedicated supply for it (from the consumer unit that is).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back