Triton T90Si water not heating to required temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Triton T90Si electric shower which recently hasn't been heating the water to the required temperature. All the settings for hot water provide only tepid water. The shower is about 6 years old.
Anyone any idea what the problem might be?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
more likely a failed outlet tco.
check the outlet tco at the base of the heat can for damaged//burnt wires.
also check it for continuity with a multi meter.
132000_131088_17117_16753286_thumb.jpg
U7855.gif

Many thanks for your reply
I'll get a look at it on Thursday and check as you recommended.
If the TCO is gone, where can I pick one of these up? and how much is it likely to cost?
Thanks again

they cost about £22+ postage.
it comes complete with outlet pipe and wires.
check its that first, thats the more likely cause.

i get all my parts from the showerdoc.

SHOWERDOC

Sponsored Links
I checked the shower earlier today and there was nothing obvious at the TCO or other parts, see photos below.
I tried the shower a few times with different settings and got the same results each time.....turn temperature gauge to lowest setting and the water is cold with very high pressure, turn temperature gauge to highest setting and the water is tepid with very low pressure.........any ideas? I didn't have a multimeter so didn't check for continuity at the TCO

you'll need a multi meter to check continuity on the outlet tco.
if that proves ok then you need to check for resistance on both of the heating elements.
each element should have a reading of 10 - 18 ohms.

I checked the tco and heating elements with a multimeter.
Problem is i'm unsure of exactly where to touch the testing ends....
For the tco I held an end on each of the two blue cable terminals and got continuity
For the heating elements I wasn't exactly sure.....would someone have a diagram to demonstrate
Thanks

Problem is i'm unsure of exactly where to touch the testing ends....

heating elements has 4 prongs 2 with brown wires two with blue wires.
put your probe on 1 brown and other on the blue, take reading.
then same with other element.

For the tco I held an end on each of the two blue cable terminals and got continuity
thats ok then.

whats going on with the brown to the top tco looks burnt to me.

thanks for your help ........

yes, the brown wire to the tco is burnt, I noticed that.....would that indicate there is a problem?

thanks again

it doesn't help and if it totally fails you will loose all heat.

if i remember you have 2 wires to that side of the tco and 1 from the rear where the yellow connector is.

you may find one of the elements isn't getting power due to the burnt wire.

Hi all, My T90si is not heating fully. I took off the cover and the inside and a lot of the wires etc are blackened. I have wiped them clean and they all look fine with no signs of any burnt. Like in a previous post I have tested for continuity at the TCO at the top and bottom of the water can, continuity across each end of TCO - is this correct ? Anything else I can check ?

Hiya thanks for the reply,

I think there are 4 contacts on top of the can, 3 live and 1 neutral (from memory). at what points should I test for resistance, should this read with no power in the unit or do I need to change the selector knob for different terminals ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back