Hissing from shower even with power off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had some issues with my shower lately. Basically we some central heating work done in the house and ended up with a shower not working Long story short is the company came and replaced pipework to shower a few days ago and everything seemed good except some dripping from shower head

Anyway fast-forward to today and after using the shower I turned it off and could hear a hissing noise, it could be water forcing through somewhere or it could be air. Also there was water dripping from the head. I isolated the shower at the pull cord but the noise still continued only thing that stopped it was isolating water supply.

My guess is the inlet isolation to the shower may be leaking does this seem feasible?
I am going to replace the shower later to see if it fixes it but before doing this I thought I'd check if there's any alternatives or if I'm likely barking up the wrong tree

Edit the shower is a Triton cara electric shower

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a leak ,needs investigation. Isolate the electric supply before opening shower.

Leak of water ,downstream of the water isolator ,and likely close to or in the shower. What shower make and model do you have ? And how long can you hear hissing after you stop using the shower ,permanently hissing ?

Sponsored Links
Sound more like the solenoid valve is passing if the water is dripping from the shower head. If the supply line has been worked on there's a possibility that a particle of dirt has got into the seat

Sound more like the solenoid valve is passing if the water is dripping from the shower head. If the supply line has been worked on there's a possibility that a particle of dirt has got into the seat

Good call jackrae.

Thanks for all the replies

Water is permanently hissing (after about 10 mins I isolated water supply)

Shower is a Triton cara

I guess that this is an electrically operated solenoid valve Input the power back on and tried operating the shower on and off a few times to see if I could get the valve to actuate correctly this however seemed to make it worse and I ended up with a steady stream of water from the shower even when off

Is this something that could be easily cleaned out /fixed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back