5 year old BIASI M96.24SM/C "Luke warm water"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5 year old BIASI M96.24SM/C

Hi,
Over a period of time I have noticed my hot water is not getting as hot as usual...now resulting in luke warm water.
I called out a plumber to service the boiler and explained the problem. He said they are not good boilers and during the winter the water won't get as how as they have an "upper rating"...e.g. if the boiler is rated to heat the D.H.W to 30 deg and it comes into the house at 10 deg I will only get a max temp of 40 deg. Whilst this sounds good....this is not what is happening. He didn't see there was a problem.

When the hot water tap is initially opened the water starts to run hot then it cools to a luke warm temp..not enough for a nice shower or bath!!!

Can anyone give me any suggestions please?? It's quite frustrating and I paid a "professional" to give me a lovely story that doesn't resolve the lack of hot water.....HELP!!!!

Thank you in advance
Siany

Sponsored Links
turn off the central heating wait until the rads have cooled then run the hot water and see if any of the pipes under the boiler get hot, if any of the 22mm pipes or rads start to heat up the divertor valve is sticking.

Your assessment of the boiler performance is purely your own non scientific viewpoint.

If you want a proper reply then set the hot water flow to 9 litres per minute and measure the temperature!

Tony

obviously you dont know your own boiler, you have only had it five years, you need a scientific approach, probably a full thermal survey and a probe with a stethoscope, if you want a proper reply FFS.

Sponsored Links
LOL...thank you for your responses.

The checks I have carried out so far are as one response describes. I have turned my boiler on to DHW only and ran the hot water for a period of time and there isn't any increase in temperature in the CH pipe/rads.

Can a split diverter valve diaphragm be checked in any other way!?

Flow rate doesn't make any difference to the temperature of the water. Upon turning the hot water tap on the water runs hot for a few seconds then runs luke warm with no change in temp thereafter.

Would the hot water temp sensor give this type of problem??

Oh for a hot shower!! :D

Another update to problem.....
I've pressed the reset button as suggested by Biasi and the water was boiling hot....fantastic...I could run a very nice hot bath etc but after a short while the water runs luke warm!!!

Does anyone know what this problem could be?!!!!

Thanks

could be DHW plate heat ex mucked - DHW thermistor, gas settings incorrect, flow rate incorrect or divert valve letting by (proved ok by OP though)

could also be DHw flow switch sticking

could be DHW plate heat ex mucked - DHW thermistor, gas settings incorrect, flow rate incorrect or divert valve letting by (proved ok by OP though)

could also be DHw flow switch sticking

Thanks for replying...
When I turned the hot water tap on after "reset" there were metalic particles in the water although it was running nice and hot! could this point towards the DHW heas exchanger being the problem?

Thanks

when the boiler goes cold does the flame go out and then when left running does it go hot again? (flame lights again)?

when the boiler goes cold does the flame go out and then when left running does it go hot again? (flame lights again)?

The boiler ignites and goes out as it should, the indicator lights don't show there is a problem but the water still remians luke warm!!! :confused:

Whatever the problem, its obviously going to be a very simple one.

However, without more scientific information relating to the fault there is no point in my making any guesses.

If the gas valve at the meter and the yellow one on the boiiler are both fully open that you will probably need a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

obviously you dont know your own boiler, you have only had it five years, you need a scientific approach, probably a full thermal survey and a probe with a stethoscope, if you want a proper reply FFS.

What is the matter big guy, having a bad day?

OP, is the boiler heating radiators to correct temperature?
While the rads are heating, record what the gas meter registers fir say 15 seconds. Now run a hot tap and do same at meter. Post the results and will see if brain cells can process the information

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back