50 years for the Brexit Dividend

Sponsored Links
You mean head first?

50 years is hardly short term. The British public will falter after a few years if no ground is gained quickly. People haven't the stomach for a drawn out reversal in trend.

If Brexit happens.

My money is on TM extending article 50. Maybe appetite for another referendum, that might need a different leader or change of party.

Unfortunately the 2 main parties are too wrapped up in party politics to offer any real vision and leadership.

In the short expect more concessions....esp now TM is Brexit negotiator.

Sponsored Links
You mean head first?

50 years is hardly short term. The British public will falter after a few years if no ground is gained quickly. People haven't the stomach for a drawn out reversal in trend.

What he is saying is that you could be born, grow up, get married, have kids who then grow up and have their own kids who will finally benefit. So the grand kids of children born in 2019 will benefit.

It's obvious then. The solution to keep everyone happy.

Let's organise everything and leave in 2068.

a3ab1b3cf219ff4423851548f5ffd471--hilarious-quotes-funny-memes.jpg

concessions
Any country dealing with the EU are aware of the rules, we (UK) have known for decades. What concessions to you have in mind specifically?

Do you want to stay in the EU Notch or have a clean (hard Brexit) break?

Any country dealing with the EU are aware of the rules, we (UK) have known for decades. What concessions to you have in mind specifically?

Do you want to stay in the EU Notch or have a clean (hard Brexit) break?

I dont agree re rules, that is an over simplification. The EU have done various deals.

There is only sensible option, to stay in. As much as I detest the EU, it would be even more annoying to leave and have the EU do a power grab on the city.

I see the most likely next stage is to extend article 50

In the short expect more concessions....
If the current Chequers deal is so unpopular with both quitters and remainers, any further concessions will be even more unpopular.
Quitters will complain that there is no Brexit, and remainers will complain, "what is the point?".

I see the most likely next stage is to extend article 50
To what end? To allow UK more time to prepare for a No Deal Brexit?
If it is to allow more time for negotiations, towards more concessions, see above.

I fully agree the only sensible option is to Remain, that has been the only sensible option all the time!

Also Dom Raab's recent message to EU, that without a deal there will be a schism between UK and EU for a generation is blatant propaganda with menace.
The electorate will blame the Tories for a No Deal Brexit, with all the consequences of that, and it is the Tory party that will face anihalation for at least a generation.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

He means we will have to suffer a bit of short term pain before surging ahead.

1st time I've heard that from the leave side.

Not sure it was what was promised, either.

At the very least, its backpedalling.

Or if you interpret it diffrently, there are no specific benefits he can name. In fact the reverse is true. It's going to hurt us 1st!

Nobody on leave, ever, told us that. But a lot, around 48%, worked it out for themselves. And have been saying, its obvious. Now ree smogg is letting you say it.

Hang on to those curtain tails brexiters, it's going to hurt us !

Limbo - joy.

I can't see any workable solution anytime soon.

The deal work out at the moment is just what TM has chosen based what is acceptable to both sides of the Tory party. Or should I say just about bearable to both sides. But it isnt based on what the public want, nor what can be negotiated with the EU.

This 'no deal' is all propaganda. Probably from TM to make the chequers option acceptable. There will be a deal if it goes through.

There will be a deal if it goes through.
It will not 'go through', in its current form.
Barnier has already said that access to the single market via the back door is unacceptable. Also additional burdens on EU industry is unacceptable. At least it will incur a 'membership' fee.
Leo Varadkar has also said that a backstop arrangement cannot be time limited. To be acceptable it must be permanent, workable and deliverable in time.

The news outlets keeps counting down to Brexit, but the important date is October, that is just two months away!

Three weeks ago, prior to the Chequers deal and several Tory resignations, the headline was:
Brexit: EU has abandoned hope of signing a deal by October, leaving massive question marks over March withdrawal
http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-eu-has-abandoned-hope-of-signing-a-deal-by-october-2018-7

Either the UK has to capitulate or a No Deal is imminent.

Sponsored Links
Back