Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:eek:

1) Boiler make / model
oil fired, worcester danesmoor 20-25 furnace, bentone electro oil burner
2) What is / is not happening.
burning oil effeciently
3) Has ANYTHING else been done or changed recently.
not that i am aware of only moved in recently
4) When did the problem start?
n/a
5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off.
n/a
6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance
when i opened the inspection panel on the furnace i noticed that there was only the one baffle in it and only the one set of fixings for this baffle.

On the 7th of february 08 500 litres of oil was delivered to the property (a 4 bedroom detached dwelling) Yesterday i came home to the heating not working first thing i checked was the oil tank, it was empty. is it possible all this oil could have been burned in such a short space of time considering that the heat would only be on a total of four hours a day. What should i be doing to prevent a repeat of this. i am going to check for a leak in the main oil line from the tank,. iam going to change the nozzle. i am going to clean furnace and flue.

any other tips hints and advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Should have a fuel flow rate of 2.66 l/h for a 25Kw input.

Approx 3 l/h for 4hrs daily = 12Lt
12lt x 40 days = 480 lts

I would still have the boiler and tank checked out by OFTEC reg engineer, and have full boiler service

One baffle ain't right. Should have a set of at least 3 . Only one will mean a lot of usefull heat dissappearing up your flue.

Sponsored Links
Should have a fuel flow rate of 2.66 l/h for a 25Kw input. Approx 3 l/h for 4hrs daily = 12Lt
The boiler isn't (I assume) burning continuously. It's difficult to say how frequently the boiler fires (OP?) but at 50% on/off that's 6 ltrs a day.

I would still have the boiler and tank checked out by OFTEC reg engineer, and have full boiler service
Absolutely.

:oops: :oops:
Missed the one baffle.
can you explain
it and only the one set of fixings for this baffle.

The danesmoor 20-25 normally have 6 baffles . They sit on steel plates that are part of the cumbustion chamber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back