50mm pipe into 110mm drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
Just looking at the best way to plumb my 50mm shower waste pipe which runs throufh the wall to outside and down. It will then connect to the main 110mm waste - would you run it into a gully? Or one of those 50mm black bungs into a 110mm elbow or have I missed the obvious?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Depends .... Is the bathroom one level up and is it into a vertical stack? If so then just use a strap on boss into the stack?

Sorry I should have said - as the 50mm pipe comes down the wall (unless I put an elbow in) it will be straight on top of what ever is coming up from the ground to meet it. I thought bosses come into the side of the 110mm pipe so it would need an elbow to come into it - is that correct?

Ive drawn a little sketch of the setup - quite the artist!

Attachments

• Bathroom.jpg
    Bathroom.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
110mm to 50mm reducer into a normal branch

th

or a 110mm boss connector on the main run
th

How close to the foundations in the main run though, as I wouldn't expect it to be so close to the foundations that the 50mm waste pipe wouldn't have to extend then out from the wall profile to reach to the soil pipe. I presume there isn't a vertical stack anywhere close?

Hi - yeah the main stack is in the middle of the house of all places. We have extended this to the back\outside of the house and then runs across as in my "naff" picture so it will sit tight to the boundary (under what will be a patio) with the necessary inspection chambers. I\we didnt want to bring a 110mm stack up to meet the 50mm pipe if we could help it as they look ugly so the next best thing was to bring the 50mm down as far as possible and then connect to the main drainage. Does this make sense? As it does in my head :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back