550mm radiator height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm completely confused with the radiator heights in my house. I'm looking at changing a rad in my dinning room as it's just not keeping up with the poor performing patio window.

The house was built in 1992 and from what I can tell the radiators are all original fittings. I've measured every radiator in the house and they're all 550mm in height (top edge to bottom edge). I can't see any mention or anywhere that sells radiators with a height of 550mm. The annoyance is that the radiator is mounted Bottom Top Same End and was hoping to just change out the old rad with a double panel.

Am I just searching for the wrong thing? Should I be measuring from the pipe centres where mounted? Have radiator height sizes changed in the last 20 years?

Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
Are they round top radiators - these often came in "funny" sizes and yes there is a slow drift towards bringing them into line with panel radiators. Could they be Myson Premiers (nominally 530mm) or Rettigs? Best bet is to get a free catalogue from a PTS or Plumb Centre or somewhere and flick through, or find a knowledgeable behind the counter guy.

There are several suppliers of rads 550mm high.

Look a little harder under radiator manufacturers or call a few plumbing merchants.

Tony

Radiator sizes have indeed changed and I'm afraid that you're highly unlikely to find a 550mm high one any more. You're also reasonably unlikely to find a rad that has the tappings the same distance off the wall as your current ones, so you'd probably end up altering the pipework anyway

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I'll get down the local plumb centre and have a word to see what they've got.

The rads are all seamtop flat panels if that makes any difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back