57 plate Renault Scenic - Aircon advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to purchase a 57 scenice and after taking it for test drive today, I was checking the heating etc once back at garage and fine, turned to cool and fine, then I turned the aircon on and nothing seemed to change. There was no difference in engine noise or click or nothing and the cool air seemed to be the same. We have been told it could be that the air con does not kick in until 5 above freezing ( we are - figures with snow and ice at the moment).

I called 3 Renault garages and NOBODY could confirm this was correct one thought it was, one said we don't know and the the 3rd garage said he THINKS it should still make some sort of noise.

If anyone could help I would very much appreciate your time.
I have told the garage I will not be buying the car until I can find some more information out on the air-conditioning as he had the gas re-gassed and still the same.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
im pretty sure most aircon units will only work if above a certain ambiant tempreture.

why not join a renault scenic forum,the guys and gals in there will tell you all you need to know about it and some.

i seem to remember reading somewhere that 5 degrees is the magic number for air con operation, i couldnt hear the clutch engaging or a change in engine note when i tested it on my van when i bought it but it still worked fine

Sponsored Links
I don't hear any difference in engine note with our Scenic, or hear the clutch engaging. Whereas our Nissan 'clunks in' and engine rpm increases momentarily.
During the cold snap the kit in both vehicles removes (excess and more !) moisture from the air, Nissan brings a cabin humidity monitor from 90% to normal in about 12 miles, Renault demists all side windows quite promptly with a/c on.

-0-

Back