renault megan aircon problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my aircon stopped working so i got it re-gased, it still doesn't work, the light comes on next to the ac button but the air is not any colder than normal cold air. person who re-gassed it said it may need to have the computer reprogrammed as he doesn't know why it isn't working, still took my money though!!!! :mad: does anyone know if this is true or is he just bullsh***ing me. any advice would be appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
shoulda gone to kwik-fit.. if they can't drop the temp by 10% then you don't have to pay.. :)

well i didn't but glad you told me thanks lol. so back to my original question does anyone know if the computer needs to be reset or something? has anyone had a megan re-gased and had the same problem? thanks in advance guys

Kwikfit are well renowned for not being good with Air-con on the Megane let alone anything else on any other cars. Use Kwikfit at your peril. Get your self over to the forum on Meganeownersclub.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Methinks he doesn't really know what he's doing.
I've had two cars done at Kwik Fit. They made a good job of them both. And as Coljack says, if they don't give you 10% lower temp, you don't have to pay.

Common problem on renaults is the ali air con pipes rub through where they clamp to the bodywork. I weld up quite a few this time of year, so you'll probably find all your gas has gone again!

actually, kwik fit are very good with problems in my experience. maybe the renault is just difficult to work on.
If you want reliability then the mantra is 'always buy german'. You tend to get what you pay for.
No offence obviously but stick with them and I am sure you will sort it.
The alternative would probably be to get one of the chaps around that does it at your house (or buy german :rolleyes: :eek: )

from what I've read you may need the ECU reset if the gas was severly depleted causing a fault code telling the ECU that there was low / no pressure in the AC..

Sponsored Links
Back