60 angle

M

marsaday

I am altering our hall wall due to attic conversion and i have created a new wall. The angle where this new wall meets the older one is not a 45 degrees.

Is there an angle bead i can buy to make this nice and neat ?

Sponsored Links
I am altering our hall wall due to attic conversion and i have created a new wall. The angle where this new wall meets the older one is not a 45 degrees.

Is there an angle bead i can buy to make this nice and neat ?

as far as im aware there isnt a 60o angle bead.
what are you needing it for? skimming?
if so you can get a thin coat stop bead and put that down the angle so you have an edge to work against for both walls. hope this helps

yes it is for skimming. Ok so i need 2 of these beads and they will butt up to each other i suppose.

here is a pic of the wall.

View media item 42091

no, you will just need the one bead. its 2/3mm stop bead

nail the stop bead 2 mm out past the angle so you have an edge to work to for each side. once you skim both sides it will look like an angle bead

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm aware, you won’t get anything other than a 90 degree angle bead. For shallow angles you can splay the bead out slightly but for more obtuse angles, just use a single thin coat stop bead as stated; I use a staple gun & grab adhesive to fix beads.

You can use one on the internal corner as well. ;)

Also put some scrim tape over the angle and under the bead...sometimes if your careful you can run a stanley knife down the inside angle of a plastic skim bead and gently "tease" it to the angle you want, if you canstop the blade going right thru, ;) You could use a plastic standard angle bead(2" exterior one and build it in with bonding then skim over it...

problem with a stop is if you catch the edge it will crack the plaster. use a plastic skim bead and put more skim on. or you could round it off...?

What i would do is free hand and round it off. But i would make it look pukka. If i could get away with not using a stop i would.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back