'69 reg Fiesta air con not cooling air

Joined
17 Apr 2007
Messages
2,752
Reaction score
147
Country
United Kingdom
1.0 Ecoboost

Simply no cold air coming through the vents with AC on.

I've checked the 3 relevant fuses (what a fuse board!). All good.

According to YT, a likely cause is loss of pressure.
Anyone had to re-pressurize AC on this model? ..... what product did you use may I ask?
 
Vacuum test to find leak or they can put a die in.
I wasted money paying for a die as it blew straight out.
I stick to aircon specialist now vs garages as they aren't very knowledgeable I found.

Yeah you can gas it yourself and see what happens as may come out and you will notice it
 
If gassing yourself, you can buy cans containing gas, dye and lubricant in one can.
 
Pretty certain that car will be on R1234YF. It was a legal requirement some years ago. Our 2017 car is, so I think a 2019 car would be. It's a lot more expensive than R134a, because the patent on the formula hasn't run out yet and the manufacturer has the whole car industry over a barrel. Patent your chemical, then persuade regulators to make it a legal requirement, and you can pretty much charge whatever you like! :mad:

As others have said, a regas would be the first thing to check. If you can find the charging ports, unscrew the plastic dust caps. They're like big tyre valves underneath. Without the engine running, you could gingerly try pressing the centre of a valve (doesn't matter which one) with a screwdriver to see if there's any pressure in it. MAKE SURE you keep fingers well away - there's a good chance of a cold burn! Also only release the tiniest amount, just to see if there's any appreciable pressure in there. If there is, it might still be too low for the system to work though. they usually have a cut-off switch to protect the compressor if the system pressure is too low.

If there's no pressure, you definitely have a big leak and there's no point in re-gassing or putting dye in. The condenser, usually in front of the radiator), is the most common source of leaks.
 
Back
Top