6m upvc fascia/barge boards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm fitting new fascia and barge boards etc. with my new roof. Going for black ash woodgrain effect upvc (or whatever they are made of these days, you know, 'plastic').

I can only find 5 metre lengths but my gables are around 5.2m and if possible I would prefer it without a join, it would look nicer I think.

Does anyone know of any supliers of 6m lengths, either 150mm or 175mm could be made to work, four lengths needed.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It will be 16mm. Complete re-roof so fresh start.

As you say, it might be a bit pricey, but it's a one off on my own place so I'll have to consider if it's worth it or not.

Thanks for your help.

Oh shyte and sloblocks I forgot to ring them. I'll put a memo on my fone and do it tomorrow. :oops:

It was white fascias we had cut to 6m, the company don't think they can do a 6m foil because of the foil wastage. Waiting to hear from one of the bosses next week and i'll post back

I'm guessing they aren't fussy about a one off 6m run then. It's not surprising if they aren't set up for it, I thought there would have been more demand. I suppose that if the customer is told that's all they can have there's nothing they can do about it.

With the amount of bungalows etc, that tend to have longer barge boards, I would have thought there would be a market for some longer stuff for a nice clean run.

Oh well, can't have everything. Thanks to MW for having a go. Cheers.

£68.40 plus VAT each length. that's collected from Birmingham. 2 week lead time, delivery extra as they would need to use their longer flatbed. £50 quid to Oxford plus VAT delivery

That's sod's law for you. I gave up and ordered everything on Monday so I'll have to put up with 5m lengths and joins.

Thanks for finding out, shame they didn't come back to you earlier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back