6mm rise+fall...And tiling £/m2 + rate someones work.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just a quickie here. My old walls ( paramount) were well and truely done, so i've been bonding new sheets of 9.5mm plasterboard to them. they are all pretty flat, apart from ONE - My metre long spirit level shows a rise and fall of 6mm across the 1m length - the deepest being at a join.

Its not the same all the way up the wall, only about 2ft.

I presume a decent tiler will overcome this with no issues ????

also, i've had a tiler quote me on 5m2 of floortiles, and 16m2 of wall tiles. His quote is:

£125 for floor(25/m2)
£368 for walls ( 23/m2)

He reckons it's a 3/4 day job.....Hope he doesnt mind, but can someone take a quick squint over his work. I think it looks pretty good....But then again, i'm not a tiler !

Sponsored Links
you dont say what type of tiles so i will assume ceramics? you also dont say what the subtrate is on the floor, wood ? concrete?
how much cutting is involved in walls and floor

if it was me quoting those prices i would expect you to supply ALL the materials and the quote would be LABOUR ONLY. So yes you got a fair quote as far as i am concerned.

Best off getting 3 qoutes though, ask him to give you the name and address of a previous customer so you can find out about the quality of his workmanship, IF he is a good tile fixer, has a good business name he wont mind you asking these things, i know i would`nt

my bad MOD - i didnt see the free advertising thing, but simply wanted an opinon on someone's work, as a "non tiler"

anyhow, yeah, ceramics on walls, polished porcelin on floor. floor substrate will be what ever someone on here tells me to use when i re-lay it.

my bad MOD - i didnt see the free advertising thing, but simply wanted an opinon on someone's work, as a "non tiler"

anyhow, yeah, ceramics on walls, polished porcelin on floor. floor substrate will be what ever someone on here tells me to use when i re-lay it.

think you have picked it up wrong mate, floor subtrate = existing floor, is your original floor wooden or concrete, and for a porcelain floor thats a good quote mate

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back