6x4 shed on patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First time poster here!

I'm looking to erect a small 6x4 timber shed in my garden and I want to put in on an otherwise unused bit of patio behind the garage. See pic below.

Can I get some advice as the the best/cheapest method of sitting it on the patio? The patio isn't exactly the flattest and the slabs them selves have an uneven finish to them. Don't really want to go down the concrete slab route for such a small shed. I was thinking, what about 4" square fence posts laid down perpendicular to the shed floor battens?

Thanks in advance

20140413_115544.jpg

Sponsored Links
That's the way I'd choose, shim the bearers level,staple/ lay a dpc course on the bottom of these and screw the shed onto them as well and they own't move much in the wind...pinenot :)

Thanks for the reply!

I've bought black 1000gauge DPM, is this sufficient or OTT? Also, how would you best shim the bearers? I have some plastic flooring spacers left over from when I did a laminate floor??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
1000 dpm! say you use 4" x 4" bearers I would use rolls of 150mm dpc (Visqueen or similar) the shims could be plastic, slate or felt...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back