760 pivot shower door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a 760 shower tray that went under each side of the wall, leaving the opening for the door 725mm.

I had a 760mm door that said it adjusted down to 724mm......
However the actual door and frame, with the channels tight was 760mm..... aonwould only be able to be adjusted wider.

Shop is adamant it adjusts down. When I look at other 760mm doors they say they adjust down.... but don’t want to buy one and they dont

Sponsored Links
They are the manufacture, it’s a williams advantage one. I’ve never known a door to adjust upwards..... what would be the point of a door adjusting up past the tray size??? But now it’s got me second guessing what I’ve brought before.
A 760 door should fit a 760 tray - the 30mm lost under tiles and adhesive .... surely

Sounds like you've ended up with an 800 door. Williams aren't the manufacturer, they don't have any manufacturing facilities, they're just a merchant

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've ended up with an 800 door. Williams aren't the manufacturer, they don't have any manufacturing facilities, they're just a merchant

I’m fully aware that Williams are a merchant. What I meant was it’s their brand. Advantage .... is williams home brand .... like centre brand is plumb centres home brand.
It’s not an 800mm.
It has 760mm on the box, with 20mm adjustment, but the frame at its smallest is 760mm.

Think I need to just return and go somewhere else

Own brand = bought in cheap from China and then a branded sticker is applied to link it to merchant. An old trick, been done by many retailers for years.

Own brand = bought in cheap from China and then a branded sticker is applied to link it to merchant. An old trick, been done by many retailers for years.

Almost everything is made in China and re sold .... that ain’t my point.

Should a normal 760 door adjust down to allow for tray Mekong under tiles etc?

It’s not an 800mm.
It has 760mm on the box, with 20mm adjustment, but the frame at its smallest is 760mm.
And there's absolutely no possibility that an 800mm wide door could have been packaged in a 760 box due to a factory packing error? ;)

And there's absolutely no possibility that an 800mm wide door could have been packaged in a 760 box due to a factory packing error? ;)

Exactly, plus I’m not a complete dummy
I’ve just not seen a screen where the adjustment is 760 plus and not 760 minus.
Thought I was going mad

That is a surprise. It all depends on the depth of the side profiles, I have installed 760mm pivot screens that can adjust from 720mm up to 780mm.

The fact that the one you are using has a min size of 760mm means that either the incorrect door has been included or their information/packaging is wrong. I have seen 800mm pivot screens that will adjust down to 760mm. :cautious:

I don't see why agreement cant easily be reached with the supplier on this. If the install doc says it will go down to 725mm and when the door and side profiles are out and put together, a simple picture of it all with a measure showing the width at 760mm should clear it up pretty quickly??

I always wait until tiling is finished before ordering a shower screen door... Especially when between 2 walls, and I'm always given a min-max size by my supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back