8mm couplings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am moving a rad in the morning which is on 8mm pipe. I need to cut & join the said 8mm pipe, to save getting 8mm couplings will a section of 10mm pipe do instead the bore seems just over 8.5mm??
Thanks in advance.
JonB

Sponsored Links
only if it fits tightly over the 8mm if its too loose then it wont solder properly

are you irish ?

you quite happy to buy 10mm pipe that useally comes as a coil but to tight do buy a few 8mm couplers.

ar*e about way of doing a job.

Sponsored Links
Hi all
I am moving a rad in the morning which is on 8mm pipe. I need to cut & join the said 8mm pipe, to save getting 8mm couplings will a section of 10mm pipe do instead the bore seems just over 8.5mm??
Thanks in advance.
JonB

Don`t expect any leaks nor nowt. ;)

are you irish ?

you quite happy to buy 10mm pipe that useally comes as a coil but to tight do buy a few 8mm couplers.

ar*e about way of doing a job.
A far better way would be to get some 8 to 15 mm reducers and a bundle of 15mm copper........ :rolleyes:

Don`t think 8mm can be reduced to 15mm, you can reduce 15-8 though. :D ;)

I was not going to buy any 10mm pipe I have 6ft laid in the garage. 8mm couplings dont seem to be readily available, Its not a question of being tight. Thanks to all the smart Alec's.

8 will go into 10 and you will be able to solder the overlap (if water not present). You cab also get 10x8 reducer

Thanks for looking dex, but I didnt see any 8mm at ?crewfix.
Anyway when I took the boards up there was enough movement in the pipes to move the rad 7.5inches. So no drain down & I can return the freezing kit back for a refund.
Thanks again
JonB

Just a little advice for those who like to operate their work efficiently!

As you only meet 8 mm rarely, you can usually cater for the odd need for a repair on 8 mm by stocking 10 mm tube and 10-8mm adapters.

Just order the adapters on your next supply order for stock.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back