8mm couplings

Agile.
Would it not be just as easy and cheaper to keep 8mm pipe and 8mm sockets which is avialable in all plumb centres and PTS

Sponsored Links
I had to read it a couple of times thinking i had missed something really obvious.

Sponsored Links
I might have to work on some 8 mm tube about once in 2-3 years.

Perhaps three times a year with 10 mm!

So its logical for me to keep 10 mm tube and fittings but only an 8-10 converter for the odd case when I meet 8 mm tube.

Tony

just bumping this up cos i think it is some of my best work and deserves a wider audience...

:evil:

I might have to work on some 8 mm tube about once in 2-3 years.

Perhaps three times a year with 10 mm!

So its logical for me to keep 10 mm tube and fittings but only an 8-10 converter for the odd case when I meet 8 mm tube.

Tony

why assume everyone else rarely sees 8mm? every second house has it round here.

I must write to the gas fire manufacturers and request that they stop using 8mm fittings on the gas taps.

Very inconsiderate of them. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I was very careful to say what I encounter and what I do.

Perhaps in the backward north you still see gas fires and no CH. In London I very rarely see any gas fires. Even in the Midlands I rarely see any either.

Most new gas fires I come across expect a 10 mm supply pipe.

Tony

Name names Agile what fire manufacturer has 10mm connection even the old fashioned 40 year old ones wth rubber olive was12 mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back