8mm microbore / Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive bought a house with all the radiators fed in 8mm off a manifold (Fed from the boiler, F + R, in 15mmCu )

Is this efficient enough to keep in? The runs to each radiator are only a few metres, and each leg off the manifold only feeds one radiator? I am told that upgrading to a bigger pipe would be more efficient, but is it neccesary - Can I still have a good system?

Also presuming I can, can I Tee off the 8mm to pick up another rad (Not enough ways on maifold), or would I be best 'T'ing off the 15mm feeding the manifold.

Would appreciate any help here, going round in circles haha - cheers.

Sponsored Links
the 8mm is fine, and yes your better of putting the tee,s before the manifolds, you can get away with teeing into 8mm if its a small rad and not to long a run

Sponsored Links
It all depends on how many rads are being fed off the 15mm, if you live in a small house its not a problem,but if the rads are large and the pipe runs long then 15mm struggles.But i've seen systems that in theory should have never worked and are ok.So what can i say :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back