8mm microbore grrrrrrr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wondered if anyone would be able to help with my current dilema.
I have just chnged two reg radiator valves for TRV's being Danfloee RAS-C2 Combi, these have a reducing section so that i can use them on my 8mm microbore.
Only trouble is that when i have fitted them there seemed to of been very little thread to grab hold off and once i have barely started filling the system up again then they have started to drip water ( i say drip its near enough a small steday flow)
im just wondering if theres is something i have done obviously wrong or is it the case the existing pipe - which looks o.k. but is very very slightly bent at the last 5mm on the end.
im just thinking if i am replacing them is it common to have difficulty getting these aligned.
any ideas anyone??
glad its warm out there

Sponsored Links
Have you used the old nut & olive for the new valve?
Some of the old ones have a different thread on them, if you have cut off the old olive, remove the nut & replace with new ones.

Sponsored Links
If it's a reducing set in the fitting make sure it's tight enough. When tightening it it will 'separate' into two parts then grip onto pipe. When you loosen the fitting does it all pull off the pipe or has it gripped?

If its loose when done I can only suggest checking it is on correctly then tightening it more. If it hasn't gripped the pipe then you'll do no harm in tightening further.

If you need new reducers try and get the 3 piece ones with the olive in the middle, I seem to have less trouble with them.

the bottom part of the set should grip the pipe (so you cant pill nut and olive off) the top part will sit in the valve.make sure your using the 8mm set and not 10mm if the pipe is badly kinked forget it.cut it back a bit and use some ptfe tape

When tightening the "bullet" fitting will feel like an olive tightening up, but will tighten futher and will feel like a click or two, which is when it's actually sealed. ;)

When tightening the "bullet" fitting will feel like an olive tightening up, but will tighten futher and will feel like a click or two, which is when it's actually sealed. ;)

I would go as far as to say it will sound as if the fitting has 'cracked' when it seals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back