90 Deg pan connector with waste can I install horizontal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just putting in a new soil pipe and running waste for sink in the bathroom. I bought a pan connector similar to this:

https://www.drainagecentral.co.uk/MobileDetail.php?Prod_ID=4908

It's a 90 degree pan connector with integral 32mm boss for waste. Can this be installed horizontally (i.e attach sink waste straight in to it)? Had a sleepless night worrying about sewage running up the sink waste pipe and stinking the house out!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have seen one of them fittings fitted horizontally and yes the 32mm connection was totally blocked with you know what (n).

I would not fit one horizontally but if you have to connect your basin waste to the back of the crapper,then use this fitting with the 32mm connection UPright.
pan con.jpg

Brilliant thanks old & bold, had a feeling that might be the case!!

I'll get hold of one of those and hope the u bend on the sink helps to keep the smells out

Sponsored Links
Amazing - thanks again Old&Bold.

I've not come across 'deep seal' traps in my very limited exposure to drainage - does the trap with anti vac you linked count as one?

If not - what am I looking out for?

best practice

Best practice would involve fitting the basin waste pipe run to the vertical soil pipe,its acceptable to feed the basin waste pipe run into the horizontal soil pipe but your original pan/32mm connector would be considered bad practice.

A lot depends on your soil/drainage system,we cant see it or test discharge flows and have to assume its fitted correctly.

Every property has different plumbing arrangements and your installation will be bespoke,so relying on previous threads here could prove unhelpful.

:idea: The trap above has a combined anti vac valve (no need to take it apart) and the above wc/32mm connector usually work very well and are considered acceptable.

Happy plumbing (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back