99 Problems and a TRV is one...!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Have had a new boiler fitted and having problems with temperature, its only October and temp in home is just about warm with boiler on high.

I have been looking on internet and tried balancing, although works for a while then radiator in one room is hottish at top and lukewarm at bottom.

Now I read bits this forum and one suggestion was to try and remove TRV - They are Altec ones. I have done this on the radiator causing problems and its so much better - hot hot hot :)

But what do I do now..?? Boiler fitted including TRVs to fulfill building regs.. However, I cannot however have home colder than it was before new boiler was fitted I negotiated the TRV's as part of price as you needed to pay extra for them in first quote.

Should I ask for ones that work better? Is there such a thing or do they all limit in some way?

Grateful for any advice..
I have now turned my boiler down now :)

Sponsored Links
Altech valves are fine.

Are you equating hot rads with warm rooms?

The 2 are not mutually inclusive.

Hi
Thanks for reply. Yes I am - the radiator which is hot and cold it was on 5. The thermostat was on 26 degrees, the boiler on maximum and heat not even touching the room thermostat on 21.5 degrees.

As soon as I have removed TRV radiator is hot throughout which means I have turned boiler down and now thermostat creeping up and room feels better.

It is always possible that they are faulty valves. Ask your installer to take the heads back and exchange them. The bodies are obliviously fine if everything gets hot and toasty once the heads are removed.

I have trialled Altechs at home and was surprised by how good they were. i suspect they are actually made by Peglar.

Sponsored Links
It is always possible that they are faulty valves. Ask your installer to take the heads back and exchange them. The bodies are obliviously fine if everything gets hot and toasty once the heads are removed.

I have trialled Altechs at home and was surprised by how good they were. i suspect they are actually made by Peglar.

Thanks very much. I have pushed the pin down a few times and screwed back on - will see how I get on tomorrow, otherwise will ask for replacements.

Yes so lovely and toasty, took me about 6 hours to figure out why though lol

I thought Altechs were not the best only because of a google search - i'm just pleased heating is ok and will do the job over winter.. Some like it Hot

Thanks for your help

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back