Programmable/Smart TRVs

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,
My house has radiators and hot water all heated by an oil boiler. They are there a while and nothing is zoned. Most of the radiators have TRVs on them but I was thinking of changing these to either programmable or smart TRVs to give me better control.

I am having problems working out what I need to fit new TRVs. They ones that are there are all Orkli and seem to be 28mm. The pipe into them is 15mm.

Please see the photos below

upload_2021-10-3_13-59-43.png

upload_2021-10-3_13-59-2.png

All new TRV heads seem to M30*1.5

So, I'm guessing I need some sort of adapter to put on my existing TRV bodies or else I need to change all the existing TRV bodies.

I'm not sure which is the best way forward here. Any advice is appreciated. The adapters are relatively expensive at £12 each and the TRV bodies have obviously been there a while.

It might be better to change them completely but do all new TRV bodies come with M30 connections?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I'll have to check prices.

Will all new TRV bodies have M30 connections.
I've looked at a few online but while the quote the inlets and outlet pipe sizes they don't say much about the valve connection.

Sponsored Links
I think the majority of new ones are all similar size, so yes probably 30mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back