9kw shower.....what size cable??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installing a 9kw Mira electric shower. Would appreciate it if someone could give me some idea of cable to use. Run direct from fuse board (protected on an RCD) will be circa 12 metres. I hope 6mm is enough but need to be sure.

Sponsored Links
I hope 6mm is enough.
Why?

What will you do if it's not?

And what will you do when you replace the shower, overjoyed that you can finally get one that works, and find that because you installed 6mm² you can't in fact fit a more powerful one?

10mm² is the way to go.

Are you sure your work will get through the LABC inspection if you're not up to speed on basic stuff like cable sizes?

Sponsored Links
You may be able to use 6mm cable if the circuit protection is an MCB or cartridge fuse, NOT a rewireable one, and if the cable run is mounted on perforated cable tray, and is very short length certainly not more than five metres, and the earthing must be PME system. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back