A 25mm to 15mm adapter needed.

• Thread starter richard7761
  • Start date
R

richard7761

Hi. I have a quality stop cock that I ought to use. I'm left it because the local council (the beggars) never completed what they started. Anyway, on the inlet side it takes a blue plastic pipe of 25mm dia. that has an olive on it. Tighten up the nut and you get a seal. On the outlet side the same arrangement, but it's for 15mm copper pipe.

Because my water supply pipe is 15mm copper I need some sort of adapter, so this 15mm pipe will fit onto the 25mm side of the stop cock. I was hoping I could buy a brass adapter, but I have not identified a product.

Can anyone please tell me what adapter you would use in the circumstances. Thanks. Rich.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well, that's what I thought the message probably was. Because there isn't such a thing as a brass adapter or coupler from 25mm to 15mm, not even a straight coupler. It's not possible to connect a stop cock that accepts a 25mm MDPE pipe to a 15mm copper pipe, as I say, not even via a straight coupler.

Just a thing about the stop cock that I have, it's got a drain off.

Maybe council thought it needed to fit that type. But, I don't think I have to. Can drain to sink about 2 foot above stop cock.

I might even have a K787DZR! Quite expensive if so. ;)

I think my best bet is to contact Pegler, and tell them what I'm trying to do.

Do I have this correct.

You have a 15mm incoming main and 15mm internal pipework but you are trying to use a 25mm to 15mm stopcock just because you have it lying around?

If that's the case, do what has already been suggested and use a 15mm stoptap. Its the correct part for the job and not expensive. What you are trying to do is pointless and a bodge.

Yes, you have it right. I'll take the advice and get a stop cock for the job.

Put the stop cock I got on Ebay, might get something for it. It's got a drain off but don't think that means much. Rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back