A Basic Plumbing Question (Baxi Combi 105 HE)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently had a new combi boiler installed (a Baxi Combi 105 HE). I am about to install a new toilet and basin in the same room right next to the boiler and would like to draw the cold water for both from the cold water feed to the boiler and the hot water for the basin from the hot water outlet from the boiler. I would also like to isolate each of the feeds with its own tap. My question is: can I tap into the 15mm copper piping with the self-tapping isolater switches that one would use for a washing machine, or am I better shutting everything down, draining the system etc, cutting the pipes and putting in dedicated T-piece fittings? Obviously the former would be much easier, and only a little more expensive. If the latter is reccommended would I be better off buying a can of instant freeze compound and doing the job quickly?

Thanks,
MattH

Sponsored Links
there is no hot water system (as such) to drain with a combi - just pipework.

use proper tees, fit as much appliances and pipework as possible before just turning off mains water, connect tees, reinstate water.

obviously if you are putting in iso valves do the pipes to them and turn them off until everything else in ready.

Little tip!

Use ISO valves but dont open them fully. Set them to give about 3-4 li/min which will be adequate for the hand basin and refilling the toilet.

Then use of the downstairs facilities will not have such a large effect on anyone else showering or using hot water in the bathroom.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back