A cake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In 2014 some bloke walks into a bakery in N.I and asks a baker to make a wedding cake for his gay wedding he wanted particular wording on the cake

baker declines the order

fair enough go to another baker

nope a court case ensues as the bloke sues the baker for discrimination

eventually after a load of hoo haa it ends up in the European court of human rights in 2022

8 years of clogging up courts because some fruit cake could not go to another baker

jeez us wept :confused::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
..and have you seen the value of the cake, versus the hundreds of thousands in court costs. It is not at an end, even now.

They were targeted as they were known to have strong religious homophonic views.

maybe he should have made it, got the punter to pay and then destroyed it under the banner of lawful excuse preventing religious hatred.

Sponsored Links
I have a few gay friends & aquaintance's, & back in the days when this subject was an issue to be debated, we all seemed to come to the mutual conclusion that it only ever existed because it is an MSM meedya ****storm that only ever existed purely to create turmoil & generate revenue for MSM meedya barons.

If you have an opinion on this subject, that sways towards any injustice against the sexual preferences of a casual bakery customer, then you really do need to sit down & think out the basis of your belief structure.

Is this an attack on bakery's, is this an attack on christians, or is this just an attack because they found something weak that hasn't been attacked before?

Tommorrow, I'm going to travel to an Everton Bakery & ask them to bake my cake that proclaims Liverpool FC as the greatest. Do I have any recourse in law should they refuse???

Should just have purchased these.....

https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_201008163607-02-rainbow-oreos-lgbtq-history-month.jpg

Sit down, relax & ponder on this thought will you.

You can count your closest friends on one hand. Two fingers on that hand are a homosexual couple who want to get married & need a cake. Two other fingers on that hand are a deeply religious couple who just happen to own a bakery.

Are these fingers on the same hand?

I think not.

Despite what you read about the Liverpool/Everton divide you would find the vast majority of the city are very friendly to each other and I doubt very much an Evertoian baker would refuse your request. There are many Evertonians who actually live in the district of Anfield and many Liverpudlians who live in the district of Everton. Years ago I used to support Liverpool but bought my first house on Goodison Rd and would hang my Liverpool banners out next to my neighbours Everton ones. We were actually very good mates.

Sit down, relax & ponder on this thought will you.

You can count your closest friends on one hand. Two fingers on that hand are a homosexual couple who want to get married & need a cake. Two other fingers on that hand are a deeply religious couple who just happen to own a bakery.

Are these fingers on the same hand?

I think not.
I’m more worried where the rest of the fingers are:eek:

European court of human rights :confused:

has ruled that the gay rights activist case in the gay cake row has been ruled as inadmissible

European court of human rights :confused:

has ruled that the gay rights activist case in the gay cake row has been ruled as inadmissible

The ECHR rules the case inadmissible on a technicality: in that the plaintiff's human rights under the ECHR, was not explored in the first court case.
The applicant in the present case did not invoke his Convention rights expressly at any point in the domestic proceedings.
from the link​

Which kind of stacks up. If you bring a case of discrimination through the courts, you can't change the narrative of your case to suit the next court of appeal.
Maybe there's a lesson there. Always ensure your human rights are mentioned when in court, just in case it eventually ends up in the ECHR.

Last edited:
They were targeted as they were known to have strong religious homophonic views.
There is no evidence these people were homophobic.
The verdict of the courts in the UK and Europe are a reflection of that.
Since you seem to believe that the "targeting" of Christians is acceptable, maybe you should challenge your own bigotry.

Sponsored Links
Back