A cake

dunno but what about a Budhist baker ?? or a rasterfarian baker ? mind you they would probably have been bombed out of there eads any way :)

Sponsored Links
dunno but what about a Budhist baker ?? or a rasterfarian baker ? mind you they would probably have been bombed out of there eads any way :)
Any vegetarian cake would suffice.

There is no evidence these people were homophobic.
The verdict of the courts in the UK and Europe are a reflection of that.
Since you seem to believe that the "targeting" of Christians is acceptable, maybe you should challenge your own bigotry.
You're absolutely right. I should not have said homophobic, I should have said strong views that were incompatible with Bakers' beliefs. For the avoidance of doubt, I think they should be able to refuse someone's business in these circumstances.

Sponsored Links
The fruit cakes could have bought the cake plain and just put there own wording on it with a sharpie or what ever

but no they had to cause a fuss for 8 years

No the Gay Couple did not make a fuss , it was Ashers Management that thought they could dictate terms , Ashers accepted the deal to make the cake and recieved a deposit , In legal terms by accepting a deposit the transaction is binding , Ashers were the ones that should have got another cake firm to make the cake ( sub contract the issue) but no they thought they were above Public Opinion and the law, the remnants of a bygone age .

Not correct. In contract law:

Deposits are unilateral
Payments on account are consideration (contractual element).

A deposit does not meet the criteria for consideration, they bind the buyer, not the seller.

That is why you should always refer to your "deposit" as a `"payment on account" or part payment.

No the Gay Couple did not make a fuss , it was Ashers Management that thought they could dictate terms , Ashers accepted the deal to make the cake and recieved a deposit , In legal terms by accepting a deposit the transaction is binding , Ashers were the ones that should have got another cake firm to make the cake ( sub contract the issue) but no they thought they were above Public Opinion and the law, the remnants of a bygone age .

so who took this caper to the the European court of human rights. ???

Shall we explore the frequent other nefarious practices of Catholic priests?
The correct term is Roman Catholic, not "Catholic", Catholic means universal.
The term Roman Catholic has fallen out of use due to the decline in religious observance of the British people, they now don't know the diffence between a Catholic and Roman Catholic.

If I recall correctly there was some caper years ago about some bloke who ran a B&B in England who refused to rent a double room to a gay couple ????????

dunno what the out come was ? think it came under the private property caper and he can rent a room out in his house to who he liked ?

If I recall correctly there was some caper years ago about some bloke who ran a B&B in England who refused to rent a double room to a gay couple ????????

dunno what the out come was ? think it came under the private property caper and he can rent a room out in his house to who he liked ?

It was in Cornwall, and they lost. County court, court of appeal, supreme court.

I remember that. And, I remember it being discussed on The Jeremy Vine show but I can’t remember the outcome.

wonder what the out come would have been if they had been an islamic B&B :idea:

what do you think noseall :idea::ROFLMAO:

I would ask you angle but u appear to be on ignaw :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back