a cautionary tale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a new seat belt for van mot, bought one off t'internet from Breakeryard .com- very good response. didnt arrive, phoned up, & they said it was delivered yesterday am.
Turns out they have a very good likeness of my signature for it too. also turns out as luck would have it that the depot in Boston that does parcel deliveries is run by a guy who I succesfully sued this year.
Now court statements are invariably signed--- can you se where I'm going with this? :unsure:
Also as luck would have it I was supposed to be working all weekend, but not prepared to chance the journey in an unticketed van.
Suggestions gratefully received, if not acknowledged ;)

Sponsored Links
Need a new seat belt for van mot, bought one off t'internet from Breakeryard .com- very good response. didnt arrive, phoned up, & they said it was delivered yesterday am.
Turns out they have a very good likeness of my signature for it too. also turns out as luck would have it that the depot in Boston that does parcel deliveries is run by a guy who I succesfully sued this year.
Now court statements are invariably signed--- can you se where I'm going with this? :unsure:
Also as luck would have it I was supposed to be working all weekend, but not prepared to chance the journey in an unticketed van.
Suggestions gratefully received, if not acknowledged ;)

Is the delivery company a small company, that the director of the company would be doing deliveries, and forge your signature? Or he saw your post (snailmail), and deliberately prevented delivery? Or do you have a rubbish signature?

Or did the postman forge your signature, happens all the time with me. Overly paranoid, or a genuine mistake? or a grudge?

The delivery company is quite small & the owner does indeed do local deliveries. Although I can't be certain that it was him or one of his minions who would've been doing this area that day.
I would be speculating as to who made the imaginary delivery, but I know which I would bet on.
Personally don't think my sig is rubbish & almost impossible to be so close without prior knowledge.
After advice from my solicitor, my bank, the parent company & consumer direct, I involved the police, and have had a visit today. tomorrow I will hopefully know a good bit more. So don't want to comment just yet.
In answer to your last question, certainly a grudge.
Thanks for your interest, hopefully clearer soon.

Sponsored Links
If I was going to nick something it would hardly be a seat belt for a van I didn't own. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I have to wait another day before there are any possible developments, the alleged miscreant is blowing a smokescreen & probably hurriedly forging away in the time given.

I don't know why you are dithering and posting here. Get on the phone to to the police. If theree is a signature, and definitely no one around to sign for it, it is a clear case of fraud.

You'd have to be a pretty stupid business owner to set yourself uplike that.

Unfortunately, I have to wait another day before there are any possible developments, the alleged miscreant is blowing a smokescreen & probably hurriedly forging away in the time given.

Why do you have to wait another day. Down which route are you progressing your investigation?

Been to the old bill & they came round on Sunday. Same sad story though, CPS strapped for cash wouldn't look kindly on such a small thing especially without "concrete" proof.- watch this space.
I can assure you expertgasman, I don't dither, not sure about the stupid though :LOL:
The reason for any delay is down to clumsy but effective obstruction by the alleged ne'er-do-well, with the parent company.
Also expertgasman, there was someone there to sign plus another independent tradesman. I'll let you know the route hopefully in time, but it does look hopeful.
I'm now looking at least a couple of days more until any positive developments, it's very frustrating, but "everything comes to he who waits".

Here is the latest on this sad tale:-
The Parcel Company head of security phoned to tell me that due to the "van driver" sticking to his story and a tracking printout, they can go no further!
The police are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

The Despatch Company has now been allowed a whole week to fabricate/alter any evidence & get their story straight. The Parcel Company maintain that a tracking device cannot be falsified but they have not seen the original online document.
Anyone here have any experience with such things??
This does not mean however that a printout could not be convincingly doctored in the time given. Also even if the vehicle had actually been at this postcode, it does not prove delivery, as my witness will attest.
The owner of the Despatch Company has played for time, particularly with the production of the tracker printout. The van driver initially denied that the vehicle had a tracker installed, the owner later explained that they had switched one to this vehicle & failed to tell him!
I know nothing of such things, is this conceivable, are trackers not obvious when in use?
The Despatch Company owner has supplied a copy of my signature!! to the Parcel Company to back up his story ?! He retreived this from court docs from our earlier contre-temps.
I have uploaded in my profile 3 cropped images of my signature, in a folder named sigs; 2 are from personal documents and the other is the forgery, see if you can guess which!
It's a bit of a body blow, but I'm not deterred, I would really appreciate any (constructive) input on this.
A Parcel Company of national standing appears to give scant regard to the criminal activity of a Despatch Company, so let this be a cautionary tale, if nothing else.

Email the directors of the parcel company outlining your case and provide them with the copy of your signature and that of the falsified one. Keep pressuring them. They in turn will put pressure on the despatch company (one would hope).
If all else fails, make sure the despatch company ends up with tyres on every vehicle they have, flat or punctured over a weekend. The boss will obviously accuse you, but you obviously have a secure alibi (by this time) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thx for that John :D The MD of the Parent Co is aware of this, has an original & fake, he doesn't seem interested though.
By the way, any subtext inferred from my use of capitals is purely coincidental.

i suspect 3 as the forgery
as for a tracker the driver wouldn't know if it had one or not.

I would say that the last one is not the same as yours.

I think you are in the same boat as many shop keepers and victims of theft.
The police have a policy to work to were if the robbery is not over a certain amount or cannot be resolved quickly i.e. they've got the robber red handed, then they will not pursue the claim.
In other words they have to fob you off, or placate you. Unfortunately, with the cuts this figure will rise.
If I was CSI Oxford I would have all the paperwork checked for prints, get a match and get the suspects in for a chat.

Sponsored Links
Back