a cautionary tale

I'd go for no.3 the false signiture, anyway, i take it someones fingerprints would be somewhere, or was it one of those digi signitures? You know the mans a thief, keep at it. good luck.
By the way, i used to drive trackered vans, but cannot tell, wether theyr;e on or off.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is it normal practice to hide a tracker in this way? This is a small outfit prob no more than a couple van drivers.

Is it normal practice to hide a tracker in this way? This is a small outfit prob no more than a couple van drivers.

it's not hiding it, it's just putting out of the way so it don't get kicked etc.
all the vehicles i've had with trackers was nothing secret about it as you could view it or get print out off the computer if you wanted to.

my brother has them on all his vehicles more for the sake of theft and people phoning up complaining about vehicles/accidents and the vehicle wasn't even in the area.

Trackers fitted to vehicles are fiited in such a way so as to be hidden from the drivers view. Most drivers would be either told there was a tracker fitted to the vehicle, or kept in the dark, (specially if not trusted).
The only way to disable a suspected tracker on a vehicle is to use a device which blocks the GPS signal to the vehicle. Only problem for delivery drivers is that this also prevents the driver using a sat nav device, such as a TomTom , Garmin etc.

Lostinfens, It's likely that the parcel company have insisted on the delivery company having them fitted so they can track deliveries themselves, even though they only have a few vans. It may well be a condition of their contract with the parcel company.

As you have said, the MD of the parcel company is aware of your complaint. Just because he may not seem to be bothered, the company may send a few test parcels through them to see if they get delivered. Heaven help them if they fail to do so. ;) ;)

The parcel company have had no say in whether trackers are fitted or not, they just accept the input from the del company. Also the fact that a vehicle was in the vicinity albeit taking a 5mile detour from a neighbouring village & back again, is still no proof of delivery. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back