A comment on LBC today by James o'Brien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know a lot of people will not have heard this (unless they have DAB & probably aren't concerned about London views) however.

His theory about all the current unrest, the banking crisis and economic collapse; centers on the following. Over the last ten years, wages have been kept deliberately low. This has been disguised by the easy availability of credit, to give the man in the street the impression of wellbeing. His wages weren't going up, but he could afford that car, TV and house. The subprime fiasco brought this to light with a bump. The resulting recession has meant it cannot currently be reversed - many taking pay cuts to keep a job.

Sorry to paraphrase what he said, but I hope I have conveyed his opinion correctly.

Is Gordon Brown & the Bank Of England to blame with his obsession about keeping inflation low? Is it greedy corporate bosses & shareholders, wanting ever greater profits and yields? Or is there a darker force wanting to keep the lower classes in check?

I really don't know, but it has got me thinking. Perhaps the greater minds on here could shed some light.

Sponsored Links
Another view, not totally incorrect but not totallty true.

A Londoner.

If you dont have any poverty how can you have any rich people?

What a load of crap

The people doing this looting have not been affected one bit by the recession or economic climate, because they are the ones who are already living off the state and benefits. Long term unemployed and not recently redundant

I've not seen anyone looting shops who looks remotely like an old factory worker, a council admin clerk or desperate middle-aged mom or dad struggling to pay their mortgage

I'm sick of the rising number of people trying to justify and categorise the reasons behind this.

The same people who were previously mugging phones, nicking cars and breaking into houses are just doing it now on a bigger more organised scale, but its still just the same criminals doing the same crime they did through good or bad economic times.

Sponsored Links
Another view, not totally incorrect but not totallty true.

A Londoner.

it seems that a moderator agres with the OP. as as soon as i questioned his arguments my post was deleted...

what a shame and how sad...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8
It's probably been posted before but is still (i think) essential watching for anyone who wants to understand the mess the world is in. the other day MASSIVE STOCK MARKET COLLAPSE! £1.4 Trillion wiped off the worlds stock markets ..... that is only 10% of the US govt debt!!??? let alone the rest of the worlds governments. We're in a mess no mistake but I'm sure the bankers will still get their bonuses. :LOL:

Gotta agree with woody!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8
It's probably been posted before but is still (i think) essential watching for anyone who wants to understand the mess the world is in. the other day MASSIVE STOCK MARKET COLLAPSE! £1.4 Trillion wiped off the worlds stock markets ..... that is only 10% of the US govt debt!!??? let alone the rest of the worlds governments. We're in a mess no mistake but I'm sure the bankers will still get their bonuses. :LOL:

Gotta agree with woody!

i would not call it massive..... and without the banks... please do say how we can get out of this ****e that gordon put us in...

I'm the OP and definitely not a mod (rocker maybe). Many, many posts of mine are deleted before they reach the forum, may well be on the naughty boys list - not sure.

I know a lot of people will not have heard this (unless they have DAB & probably aren't concerned about London views) however.

His theory about all the current unrest,? Or is there a darker force wanting to keep the lower classes in check?

I really don't know, but it has got me thinking. Perhaps the greater minds on here could shed some light.
Of course there is a Fifth column / dark force :mrgreen: . The exact opposite to why everyone was so happy under Maggie ( apart from poll tax ) She gave us the carrot - now we get the stick . There will always be a criminal underclass that will rob and loot - they were doing it in the Blitz FFS :rolleyes: .

if all wages were the same if you were a bank manager or a road sweeper there would be less problems

GALLERY]

What a load of crap

The people doing this looting have not been affected one bit by the recession or economic climate, because they are the ones who are already living off the state and benefits. Long term unemployed and not recently redundant

I've not seen anyone looting shops who looks remotely like an old factory worker, a council admin clerk or desperate middle-aged mom or dad struggling to pay their mortgage

I'm sick of the rising number of people trying to justify and categorise the reasons behind this.

The same people who were previously mugging phones, nicking cars and breaking into houses are just doing it now on a bigger more organised scale, but its still just the same criminals doing the same crime they did through good or bad economic times.

I'm sorry but the statistics, created by people going through court, are that 50%, are under the age of 18, and the majority of the rest are working in profesional jobs, including estate agents, youth workers, and primary school teachers?

Can you justify your claims, against the proof? Because frankly, your claims are totally made up, and completely unfounded. Do you have any evidence, that opossses the real data available? Or are you just making it up?

I'm sorry but the statistics, created by people going through court, are that 50%, are under the age of 18, and the majority of the rest are working in profesional jobs, including estate agents, youth workers, and primary school teachers?

I'd be interested to read your source of information MM.
Just the first google hit reveals the average age to be between 18 & 24

http://www-958.ibm.com/software/dat...ns/uk-rioters-by-age-and-place-of-res[/QUOTE]

Newsnight. You might like to watch it on iPlayer? Surely they don't lie? Surely Politicians tell the truth? You might to watch it sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back